The day has finally come to announce the release of our most advanced and asked for product… the NetBurner ARM® Cortex®-Powered System on Module. The all new NetBurner MODM7AE70 is designed for use as a high-performance single-board computer or to add Ethernet connectivity to a new or existing design. It can be designed into a product or used for a variety of automation and web applications in IoT, IIoT (Industrial IoT), Edge or Fog Computing, and device networking.
Embedded transcendence combined with a culture of perfectionism can lead to just a “few” delays and do we apologize to those who have been waiting. Like slow-cooked food or a properly cured concrete foundation, we know the time spent will be well worth it!
“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” — Leo Tolstoy
We also wouldn’t dream of embarking on this journey without making sure that all of the support and tools you need to make your projects a complete success were engineered, tailored and tested. NetBurner 3.0 provides all the development tools, system libraries, and custom built, highly optimized RTOS you’ll need to hit the ground running with our newest and existing products.
MODM7AE70 Product Summary:
NetBurner’s new ARM Embedded System on Module is our answer to your call for an ARM® Cortex®-Powered processor for your next masterpiece. The all-new NetBurner ARM® Cortex®-Powered System on Module is here to accelerate and de-risk your product development path for serious IoT and embedded applications!
The NetBurner ARM® Cortex®-Powered System on Module follows in the footsteps of our other easy to use, fast and highly reliable Ethernet System on Modules. In contrast, it features a powerful Microchip®/Atmel® SAM E70 32-bit ARM Cortex-M7 embedded processor SoC (System On a Chip) rather than our standard NPX/Freescale® ColdFire® processors. It also offers a galaxy of brilliant features like a preloaded super-optimized Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), high-speed serial peripherals, data converters and I/O, 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, real-time clocks and timers, and even DSP and image processing.
Our modules quickly and reliably network-enable your products and components. The module can function as a modern and robust web server that supports communications via HTTPS via SSL/TLS, a host of industrial automation protocols, serial (RS-232/485), I2C, SPI and more. NetBurner’s new ARM® Cortex®-Powered System on Module provides a spectrum of support for IoT applications in sensor fusion, industrial automation, robotics, audio processing, image and video processing, and automotive.
Download the PDF datasheet with the pinout and other gory details here or read on for our key benefit and specification summary. If you have any questions or would like us to feature a specific peripheral in a future post please comment below. You can also contact our sales team with pre-sale related inquiries at email@example.com. Add it to your shopping cart from the product page.
- High performance with ARM Cortex-M7 32-bit 300-MHz processor
- Floating point unit (FPU) and DSP for high-precision computing and accelerated data processing
- Low-power / High Energy Efficiency
- Memory Protection Unit (MPU) and system peripherals
- Reliability of ARM and Microchip/Atmel
- CMOS image sensor interface
- Industrial Operating Temperature Range (-40C to +85C)
- Development Kits available
- Optional Wi-Fi available
Module Hardware Features:
- NetBurner Part Number – MODM7AE70
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimensions (inches): 2.60” x 2.00”
- Weight: 1 oz.
- RoHS Compliant
- Environmental Operating Temperature: -40° to 85° C
- DC Input Voltage: 3.3V @ 100mA typical, 250mA max
- Low power modes are able to reduce power draw, with consumption dependant on enabled peripherals.
- Embedded Processor
- Microchip®/Atmel® SAM E70 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M7 processor at 300 MHz clock speed
- Single and double precision hardware Floating Point Unit (FPU)
- DSP Instructions, Thumb®-2 Instruction Set
- 2 MB embedded Flash
- 8 MB SDRAM
- 384 Kb embedded multi-port SRAM
- 1 KB embedded low-power backup RAM
- Network Interface
- 10/100 BaseT with RJ-45 connector (100 Version)
- 10-pin header (200 Version)
- Device Connectivity and Data I/O:
- 10/100 Ethernet with IEEE1588 PTP frames and 802.3az Energy-efficiency support.
- I2C and SPI
- Up to 3 UARTs with up to 5 additional 2-wire UARTs (see datasheet for available Serial configurations)
- 2 Analog Front-End Controllers (AFEC)
- USB 2.0 Device and Mini Host High-speed (USBHS) at 480 Mbps
- 16-bit external bus interface
- 51 digital I/Os
- Up to 3 two-wire interfaces (TWIHS)(I2C-compatible)
- SD/MMC flash card ready
- Image Sensor Interface (ISI)
- Additional Peripherals and Detail
- Ethernet AVB support with IEEE802.1AS Time-stamping and IEEE802.1Qav credit-based traffic-shaping hardware support.
- Two master Controller Area Networks (MCAN) with Flexible Data Rate (CAN-FD) with SRAM-based mailboxes, time- and event-triggered transmission
- 12-bit ITU-R BT. 601/656
- High-speed Multimedia Card Interface (HSMCI) (SDIO/SD Card/e.MMC)̶
- Serial Synchronous Controller (SSC) with I2S and TDM support
- Four Three-Channel 16-bit Timer/Counters (TC) with Capture, Waveform, Compare and PWM modes, constant on time. 2-bit Gray Up/Down Counter for stepper motor.
- Twelve 16-bit Timer/Counters, can be chained to create 32 bit and 48 bit timer/counters. Functions include capture, compare, interrupt generation, frequency measurement, event counting, interval measurement, quadrature decoder, pulse generation, waveform generation, synchronization with PWM peripheral, delay timing pulse width modulation, 2-bit Gray Up/Down Counter for stepper motor control. Each channel has three external clock inputs, five internal clock inputs and two multi-purpose input/output signals.
- 12-bit 1Msps-per-channel Digital-to-Analog Controller (DAC) with differential and oversampling modes.
- One Analog Comparator (ACC) with flexible input selection, selectable input hysteresis.
- Real-Time Clock and Watchdog Timer
- Three Two-Wire Interfaces (TWIHS) (I2C-compatible). Two-wire bus, made up of one clock line and one data line with speeds of up to 400 kbps in Fast mode, and up to 3.4 Mbps in High-speed slave mode. Easily interface to EEPROM and I²C-compatible devices, such as a Real-Time Clock (RTC), Dot Matrix/Graphic LCD Controller
- Dedicated SPI. Note that USARTs 0 and 1 can also be used as SPI interfaces
- Multiple master capability is supported.
- Twelve 16-bit PWMs with complementary outputs, Dead Time Generator, fault inputs motor control and an external trigger
- Two Analog Front-End Controllers (AFEC). The AFEC is based on an Analog Front-End cell (AFE) integrating a 12-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC), a Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA), a Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) and two 6-to-1 analog multiplexers, making possible the conversions of 12 analog lines or two simultaneous conversions of 6 analog lines. The AFEC supports a 12-bit resolution mode which can be extended up to a 16-bit resolution by digital averaging. Up to 2Msps conversion rate. Automatic correction of gain and offset errors.
- Serial Synchronous Controller (SSC) with I2S and TDM support
- Parallel Capture Interface consisting of clock, data and enable signals to continuously read data from peripherals such as a CMOS digital image sensor, a high-speed parallel ADC, a DSP synchronous port in synchronous mode, etc.
- Up to 51 GPIO lines with external interrupt capability (edge- or level-sensitivity), debouncing, glitch filtering and on-die Series Resistor Termination
- Temperature Sensor
MODM7AE70 Part Numbers
- MODM7AE70 Ethernet Core Module (100 Version, with RJ-45)
- Part Number: MODM7AE70-100IR
- MODM7AE70 Ethernet Core Module (200 Version, with 10-pin header)
- Part Number: MODM7AE70-200IR
- MODM7AE70 Development Kit
- Part Number: NNDK-MODM7AE70-KIT
- Kit includes all the hardware and software you need to customize the included platform hardware. See product page for package contents. Note: Includes the MOD-DEV-100 development board.
- SNMP V1 (Module License Version)
- Part Number: NBLIC-SNMP
- Available as an option if you are using a development kit.
More on the ARM® SAM E70 CPU used in this NetBurner product can be found in its data sheet:
Photo credit top: pixabay.com