Working at NetBurner
Our development team is small and versatile. It isn’t uncommon for our engineers to work at all levels from designing hardware to writing example applications and everywhere in between. Most of our current software is the result of one of our developers sitting down and asking themselves “How can I build something that does this?” “What is the most efficient way we can do that?” or “This seems really hard to do. Is there any way I can make that better?” If you constantly find yourself working on projects and asking yourself these questions, here’s one more “Would you consider a job working at NetBurner?”
We believe that every developer should be focused on what drives them. Frequently, that means we sponsor teams to compete in competitions like the Sparkfun Autonomous Vehicles Challenge (AVC) and the X prize challenge. Several of our developers have used our hardware to build home automation software, giant LED displays, worked with robots, and any number of other projects. If you have a passion for making things work, we’re always looking for a few good people. Take a look at who we’re hiring here .
NetBurner is looking for someone who likes twiddling bits and talking to things (well, more metaphorically speaking). We’re looking for someone who likes to straddle the line between hardware and software: firmware. Have you ever debugged your code with an oscilloscope? Do you consider parasitic capacitance as part of your software’s performance? Do you like seeing physical things do your bidding? Perhaps this is the right job for you.
- Working with hardware engineers on new product development
- Assisting with the bring-up of new hardware
- Creating bare metal hardware drivers for peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, DAC and Ethernet controllers.
- Working with the higher level software team on driver integration
- Ability to understand reference manuals and synthesize the information into working code
- Fluent understanding of C/C++ as well as hardware memory mapping
- The ability to work well in a loosely structured environment
If you don’t see something that fits your skillset, but you still want to work for us, tell us about your dream job and send your resume to email@example.com.