Don't Get Burned!
Embedded IoT Security Capabilities in Minutes!
Security is Our Standard.
IoT data privacy and security is no laughing matter. Data breaches can be devastating and it’s often inadequate encryption technology and configuration that’s to blame.
The NetBurner SSH, SSL/TLS Embedded IoT Security Suite™ is shipped standard with all of our current generation of devices. You can rest assured that NetBurner has your back as you design and deploy secure, scalable embedded networks. Our easy-to-use tools and amazing technical support team make implementation simple.
Our powerful yet small-footprint security solution enables robust embedded data encryption protecting IoT from unauthorized device monitoring, control, re-configuration, eavesdropping or manipulation.
Built-in Embedded IoT Security You Can Trust
Top-Tier SSL/TLS Libraries
- TLS Version v1.2 (v1.3 coming soon)
- Secure Webpages with HTTPS
- Secure File Transfer with FTPS
- Secure Websockets
- Secure Data Communications with SSL/TLS as a Server or Client
- Secure Shell (SSH) Capability
- Small Footprint for Lightweight Embedded Performance
- World-Class Technical Support with NetBurner’s US-Based In-House Team
- Support for ECC & RSA Certificates with SSL/TLS
- Support for Onboard, Auto-Generated, Self-Signed SSL/TLS Certificates
- SSL/TLS Session Resumption
- SSL/TLS Peer Verification
- SSL/TLS Client Certificates
- SSL/TLS Key Sizes from 1024 to 4096 Bits
- SSH Key Sizes from 512 to 4096 Bits
- Customize to Suit Any Application with Low-Cost Development Kits
- Use the Latest SSL/TLS Ciphers
Our Embedded IoT Security Suite™ comes with example code to get you up and running fast:
- Two Serial Port Server with User Authentication, Certificate & Key Access
- Several SSL/TLS examples show how to run your device run as a server, client, HTTPS web server, FTPS server, store keys and certs on an external SD card, send/receive mail securely, & more.
- PEM Encoded Certificates & Public- Private Key Pairs (OpenSSH style)
SSL/TLS Implementation Overview
Why NetBurner's Embedded IoT Security Suite™?
- SSL/TLS libraries written for performance & ease of use
- Includes the latest ciphers for v1.2
- SSL/TLS integrated with our TCP/IP stack and web server for secure web pages with HTTPS in just a few function calls
- 32-bit NetBurner processor platforms can easily handle the demands of connecting and transmitting data using SSL/TLS, unlike 8-bit or 16-bit microcontrollers
NetBurner SSH (Secure Shell)
- SSH enables secure data exchange between embedded network devices on a network or the Internet
- Replace TELNET and other insecure remote shells with a secure alternative
- Server authentication (username and password) is required for security but the administrator can allow anonymous operation
Embedded IoT Security FAQ
NetBurner provides SSL/TLS libraries which are the foundation upon which most commercial and industrial security protocols and architectures are built.
SSL/TLS is a cryptographic protocol that provides security and ensures data integrity for transmissions made over a TCP/IP network.
SSL/TLS is primarily used to enable devices to serve secure web pages (HTTPS) over a local network or the Internet. IoT edge node data, control commands, configurations and other data payloads can be reliably encrypted thus preventing eavesdropping, hijacking and abuse.
SSH is a crytpographic protocol that allows for secure data exchange even over an insecure network. SSH enables data to be exchanged between two network devices over a secure channel— it’s a secure replacement for TELNET and other insecure remote shells. SSH supports remote command-line interface, logins, and command execution, and other network services.
Unfortunately, no. Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) is required for a UDP configuration. DTLS is one of NetBurner’s upcoming security suite features.
NetBurner’s upcoming security features include TLS Version 1.3, DTLS (Datagram Transport Layer Security) support for UDP users, WolfSSH, and FIPS 140-2 Certification (Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 140-2). Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date on this and many other important enhancements.
Have questions or don't see what you're looking for?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your request with this form.
NetBurner Embedded IoT Security Articles
Introduction to the SSH Protocol
Introduction One of the most common tasks in local and Internet networks is controlling a device remotely to carry out
How to Use OpenSSL’s Client and Server for Testing
In one of our recent articles, we review how it’s possible to decrypt traffic encrypted with Wireshark for the purpose
TLS 1.3: Faster, Simpler, More Secure
“As consumers we get more demanding all the time. We want better quality. We want it faster. And cheaper. Plus,
Introducing wolfSSL: Serious Updates to Our Security Suite
The Importance of Security At NetBurner, we pride ourselves on providing the hardware, software, and tools that enable engineers worldwide
Don’t Be the Weakest Link: Auto-Generated Self-Signed Certificates For Embedded and IoT Devices
A New Way to Protect Your IoT and Embedded Devices The saying goes, “A chain is only as strong as
Peer Verification: Getting to the Root of the Matter
“There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.” – Henry
Part III: WebSockets for Real-Time Web and IoT Applications – WebSockets Secure (WSS)
In this third part of our WebSocket tutorial series, we will be building upon the real-time dashboard example that was
Blockchain for IoT
Join us for the second half of our article on Blockchain for IoT. If this is all new to you,
IoT, meet Blockchain. Blockchain, meet IoT.
IoT and blockchain are two very hot industries that, until recently, seemed rather discrete and unrelated. Since the dawn of
Vulnerable Designs and Implementations with MQTT and CoAP M2M Protocols
Since their humble origins in industrial automation, machine to machine (M2M) protocols have served as the common tongue used by
NetBurner 3.0: The Dawning of a New Age in IoT
For over 20 years, NetBurner has been committed to helping our customers quickly and easily turn ideas into products and
The Latest Ciphers June 2018
In the world of IoT and embedded systems, security is king. Like all good and loyal subjects, we endeavor to